Sales Funnel Explained
Congratulations. You are a step ahead of %99 of business owners just by reading this short explanation of what a sales funnels is and understanding how important it is for your business. This is just one of many strategies we employ for your business.
What is a Sales Funnel?
- A sales funnel is used by digital marketing agencies to attract and guide a potential customer to making a purchase. Every major fortune 500 company from Amazon to Toyota uses this marketing formula to attract new customers.
- The very first step in creating a successful sales funnel for your business is to attract visitors to your website. There are a variety of methods but the simplest methods are Google maps and Google Adwords. It is absolutely critical that you register your website with Google my business (click here). The instructions are pretty straight forward but if you need help, don’t hesitate to call. Registering your business with Google allows people looking for your product or service so you show up on Google Maps. Don’t forget that after you register your business you can also register with other search engines like Bing and Yahoo. The second easiest method to drive traffic to your website, is to use Google Adwords. Through a bidding process you can make bids for keywords that your customers are using to find your product or services. For example, if you are a roofer, you may want to bid on keywords such as “Winnipeg Roofing Companies” so your website shoots straight to the top of the search fields. There are plenty of other ways to drive traffic to your website, such as “organic” Google search results, Facebook Advertising, Youtube, Podcasting, Social Media Enfluencers and basic word of mouth but Google My Business and Google Adwords have the highest IMMEDIATE return. Most people that are using Google to search for “Winnipeg Roofing Companies” have a STRONG commercial intent to buy your services so it is best to start there.
- The best way to get and maintain your leads is through your website. Unfortunately, many business owners are still new to digital marketing and are not aware on how important a website is. There are 3 things that a business owner should be concerned about when creating their websites. Those are photography, copywriting and strong call to action.
- Professional photography is one of the most important aspects of a site. If there is one thing that you can rely on to sell your product or service it’s professional photography. A great photo should explain your product/service and should elicit an emotion.
- Copywriting is the ability to persuade your website visitors into buying or considering your services over your competitors. Some tips that you should consider are showing positive reviews (ask about our reputation management software) and key selling points that you have over your competition.
3-Strong Call to Action
- The best performing websites are those that have a strong call to action. What that means is that the website visitor is persuaded to invest in your product or service because they have been persuaded by comparing your website to your competitors. Professionalism and trust are emotional emotional triggers that you MUST demonstrate on your website. No one wants to be cheated.
- It is very important to maintain your business reputation. After you get a customer through your sales funnel, it is important that your customers leave a positive review. Reputation management is a ‘must’ online. The more positive reviews you have for your business, the higher Google will rank you, increasing your Google ranking! An increase in your ranking will result in more website visitors which will result in higher revenues (assuming you have a professionally done site). When you have one happy customer from your marketing funnel, they tend to do the marketing for your business. There is no substitute for “word of mouth” marketing. 1 happy customer through your website can easily turn into 9 happy customers giving your company exponential growth